So, I guess I have two pieces of news to share right now.
The first is probably the better news so I'll start with that. The #0 issue script is done. After a short break (of about, oh, 3-4 months) I finally finished up those last 4 pages that had me stuck. And I mean really done. I spent some time this afternoon going back through it, fine tuning some of the dialogue, and even requesting a few changes in the art that was already completed. AND...I'm now finishing up page 4 of issue #1 (and hoping to get into page 5 tonight as well).
The other news is good news and bad news rolled into one. We're in the process of searching for a new inker (and hopefully will have one very soon, just waiting on some responses to my last batch of emails). So yes, that means our former inker is no longer with us. It was a very tough decision, and one that none of us enjoyed making, but I realize I'm going to have to do things I don't like when it's in the best interest of the success of this book.
And one other thing to mention (so you know who to blame later). I'm attempting to learn how to letter. "Comic Book Lettering the Comicraft Way" is sitting on the desk next to me right now (outstanding book, buy a copy!) and I've been digging through every tutorial I can find online. Well, it's more like finding them and bookmarking them so I can go back and read them later after I get more of this script done, but I'm making an attempt to do this and hopefully will have a decent grasp on it by the time Brad T is done with all of the #0 issue pencils.
So that's the news for now.